Apply to Rent a Home

Welcome to your new home with Inquilab

This video provides the practical information for tenants renting a home from Inquilab.

Moving in

This section is about things you must do when you move into your new home.

Who should I tell that I have moved in?

  • Council Tax department of your council

  • Benefits Agency and Job Centre (if you receive, or wish to claim, benefits)

  • Housing Benefit department of your council, if you have a current claim

Electoral department of your council to make sure that you and your family are on the voters list

Gas, water and electricity

Check that you have a copy of the Gas Safety Certificate and the Electrical Installation Certificate. If not, please contact your Customer Relationship Manager.

In most cases, you will pay your water and possibly sewerage bills, direct to the water company. On a few new housing schemes, we collect water fees through the service charge. Your Neighbourhood Manager (NM) will tell you if this is the case.

If you have a water meter, you must give a reading when you call the water company.

Telephone and broadband

You are responsible for arranging and paying for telephone and broadband services to your property.